Day 3 of The Bun Bar Challenge

Isn't it amazing how quickly you can become deterred from the thing you vowed to do?  Oh, I haven't given up on my Bun Bar Challenge, but I realized how much of a non-planner I am.  I'm a jump into the puddle with both feet and no boots kinda girl, which often leaves me walking home with wet feet and squishy shoes.  Now, I contemplate a long time about decisions as a rule. But I don't map out the way to get there, if you know what I mean.  I suppose some would call that foolish and immature behavior but I call it spontaneous and impulsive in a fun sort of way.  Let the reader use discernment,  as I ask for grace on my impulsiveness.  Yesterday, a villainous vendor carrying cookies to die for, stopped in and I let them pass me by. I put them near the coffee machine next to the homemade pound cake someone else brought to share.




By now, according to the challenge, I should have weighed myself 3 days in a row.  I was sure I had a bath scale tucked away somewhere in the house so on day 1, I began to go on a hunt, when voila, I found a scale!  Oh wait, it's a digital scale with a dead battery?? Yikes!  On day 2,  I picked up the proper battery and as soon as I got home, I replaced the battery with fervor as if I wanted to step on the scale and see my weight. Not!  But, I was eager to put all the pieces in place to make this 14 day challenge all it can be.  Once I put the battery in, the scale came alive, but I don't get it! It's a scale that reads in metric and has some other options that don't make any sense to me, because of course I don't have the manual any longer, and it must be older than I thought because I can't come up with any online details. At least not yet. 

Browsing the cabinets to determine what to eat has also become a bit like foraging.  I'm feeling like my sons when they were young and would shout "there's nothing to eat in this house!".  It's not true but why is it when you shop at the store and the idea in your head looks like a culinary delight becomes unidentifiable when it's time to create something edible and enjoyable?  Hmmmm, perhaps I may have signed on a little prematurely but these are fixable situations, for sure! 

I have to admit that I'm moving more than I was even one week ago and I can already feel the benefit from that choice!  I've discovered my 4-legged girl is not a morning dog, but yesterday and Monday when I grabbed her collar and leash, she obligingly accompanied me on a sweet morning walk. The last two days have been so beautiful weather-wise that walking has been a pleasure.  I've been accompanied by the singing of some fine-feathered friends, chirping with delight at the cooler, welcomed temperatures. It's been grand! Both mornings upon returning home after each walk, my furry friend high-tailed it right back onto the couch to grab some more zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's. 

Today, however,  when I arose Ms. Laney  was nowhere in sight at 6:00 am.  She chose to sleep in my son's room last night,  possibly in an effort to avoid me and to sleep-in just a little bit more. Humph. So, I chose to put on a little music and moved to the groove of the 70's for 15 minutes instead.  A fun way to start my day! On the job, which is quite sedentary, I'm purposefully getting up and walking more and when I have to go make copies or take paperwork or a package to the lab, I'm sashaying every chance I get. 

I haven't turned the switch off the little digital challenge man yet and I've avoided indulging in Mr. Bun Bar, so I'm going to keep trialing for a few more days and tonight I will make a quick stop to pick up a good old-fashioned scale and few other edible items to make eating a little more satisfying for the remainder of this week. 

 One Day at a Time, Sweet Jesus!