The Challenge Update

In case you've been wondering about me and my digital friend in the midst of the Bun Bar Challenge, I'm here to tell you that I'm still in the battle, making steps and winning small victories here and there.

Like what, you ask? 

Well, for starters, I finally bought an analog scale and have begrudgingly stepped on it every morning for 5 days in a row.  This was not something I was looking forward too.  In fact, I began to resent it when the number crept up ever so slightly 3 days in a row. What gives?? I was feeling slightly defeated but thought to myself, surely this is going to turn around and go the other way. I've been very selective on my food choices denying myself on most choices and going along with the healthier option.  How dull, I thought, but oops! That's the stinkin' thinkin' I'm supposed to be changing.  

Secondly, each day I'm thinking more about adding vegetables throughout the day which isn't a typical thought for me.  In my typical habit, I was more apt to buy a bag of chips out of the machine to go with  my lunch but now I'm bringing celery sticks (big whoop!) instead.  If they could make celery sticks taste like a good old Better Made Potato Chip, then we'd be in business!

This weekend wasn't all lost as I found a new chicken recipe that was so easy, with only 5 ingredients and it was delish!! I have to say that when I have time to fiddle making viddles, I enjoy the reward of eating so much more.  The recipe was really super simple and definitely will be on the remake list again. I'm also noticing that when I have something as simple as cherries which are in season, along with 1/2 of a toasted english muffin with peanut butter on it for breakfast,  it's tasting really good. My tastebuds are awakening as I turn from old habits to new.  And, I'm rather proud to say that I haven't made one fast food stop in the last 10 days. 

Except, Arby's.  Just one time.  They have the meats. 

As I mentioned last week, I am moving more and for that I'm glad! I feel more energetic throughout the day just by adding some extra steps here and there.  And my knee, which is turning 65 in November, was beginning to do the senior shenanigans whenever I would go up and down the stairs. But now I noticed, I'm not having that little issue any longer.  That's a big yay and testimony to the reward of moving more. 

So that's my little recap and now I'm marching into a new week with a little more confidence in this plan than when I first began.  It hasn't been perfect and an Oreo or two may have jumped into my hand on occasion, but all and all it's far more favorable than I thought it would be. 

Oh, and you might be happy to know, the scale numbers went down this morning. Now, I'm heading in the right direction of this challenge and that's more encouraging than anything else at this moment!