Sharing The Gift

It's been a busy year so far. Good busy. Our hours have been cut back at work in order to save our jobs. While the budget is crying the blues, I rather like having one day off each week. I could get used to this very quickly. Today is my second of these "free flowing" days and I've managed to fill it up with activity again.

I'm hoping for a call today from Son #1 or Lovely Espousa. We're waiting semi-patiently for the arrival of bambino #2! I can hardly believe that I get to be the grandmother of 2 little girls! Having only borne sons, I am delighting in the little life of Mini-chick.


Every little thing she does is magic....


The door has been opening up more and more for me regarding the passion I have for the "limping women" in our society. I see this as a result of embracing the 12th Step which has bolstered up my faith even more. For years I have read the Word of God and believed in what He said. But there were areas in my life that I just couldn't release, let go or walk away from. There was still the old self in there, trying to tell me that I couldn't be different than I was or restored to the person that God had created me to be. Oh, the lost years!!

Finally, after embracing and trusting His promises I had that deeper Spiritual Awakening. Entering into His presence on a consistent, daily basis and leaving every little detail at His feet has freed me up to naturally do my service work, which isn't work at all. It's just time.

What better way to spend my time than sharing with others the grace of Almighty God who will take absolutely every past memory, every problem, habit and infliction and remove it from my today and my future? That He will provide strength to stand in the midst of struggles with ourselves and those we love is an amazing gift.

"Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs"

Step 12


"If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit"

Gal 5:25


*All Pics Googled*

3 comments:

Michael Horvath said...

So far we have only had to lose one day of pay but things are not looking up. We can all learn something by your story - do something positve with that additional time we have been given.

Syd said...

Congratulations on the new arrival. I'm sure that she will be a blessing.

One Prayer Girl said...

I've heard many stories of people retiring and going bonkers not knowing what to do with themselves.

I have no problem with that at all. I am always busy and have to work at not over-committing.

Having a lot of sponsees, taking up exercising, and fostering friendships may have something to do with it.

I'm glad you are enjoying that free day you have.

God bless,
Prayer Girl