Walking the Walk

Today's Thoughts from Hazelden delivered this on my birthday.

When we have given our lives back to our Higher Power, we gradually learn to accept what happens to us as part of the plan. Most of us made a mess of trying to run our own lives. We are amazed at how much better things go when we acknowledge that the Power greater than ourselves is in control.

Every experience, the bad one as well as the good one, becomes an opportunity to learn and to serve. We may not like what it is that we are given to do or to feel on a particular day, but we learn to accept it as necessary for our growth. We can look back and see that we have learned even more from our failures than from our successes.

When we accept our lives and ourselves as part of God's creation, we are open to the work of God's spirit and love. Then positive change and growth become possible.


Teach me to accept Your will.
Food for Thought by Elisabeth L.

I have nothing to add. It's perfect for me just the way it is.

All Pics Googled

12 comments:

Lou said...

So true about learning more from failures than wins.

J-Online said...

Thanks for sharing. I hope your birthday was wonderful!

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

I had to start reading your blog three times because I was distracted by the thought "how did the dude with the tattoo of the serenity prayer walk while the tatt was healing?"

now that I've banged my head a couple of times..

What an awesome thought! It is perfect just the way it is!

I have to say the photo is great too!!! I guess the whole time the person is walking and healing they are reminded of prayer...

:)

Annette said...

What a perfect for me to read this morning. Thank you for sharing that with us. Good good stuff.

Wait. What? said...

Have a great Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

I so agree with this and believe it was said beautifully. :)

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Hope you had a beautiful birthday!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awesome share, Laura. Happy Birthday to you!

Syd said...

It's a great relief to realize that I just need to accept whatever outcome occurs. Every outcome teaches me something.

One Prayer Girl said...

Happy Birthday!

I agree with you, there is nothing to add. These are beautiful thoughts.

steveroni said...

Really, I LOVE this:

Teach me to accept Your will.

'Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

That's great. I love that website.